Akshay Kumar Performs Stunt without cables

Akshay Kumar loves performing stunt sequences. From leaping off buildings to hanging out from choppers, he has done it all. And now, for Sajid Nadiadwala's Kambakkht Ishq, he performed yet another high voltage action sequence.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgqsAhdwx-r30SRr7I0T95JgHdF8iRFRAogywcDGwwJ7mU4EU3KYhRlKSXywW-NAwW7dM8mFrgJFUIVmmfwmkOD3BZOY9LEUMRys6l_jG1rq8o37dQiwnGs-cxX1nfQrXFaqeetHhrQtpEE/s400/akshay_kumar-1.jpg

The action scene is his introductory scene in the film. He plays a stuntman in the film and is performing a stunt for actor Brandon Routh (Superman Returns). Akki jumped from a 5-storied building without any wires or cables. He landed on corrugated boxes, which are universally used for stunt sequences.

More realistic, please

Director Sabbir Khan reveals that the high-end action scene was coordinated by action director Spiros Razzatos, "The scene has Akshay smashing through a window of glass and falling through the fifth floor. He's the body double for Brandon. We rehearsed the scene with cables and wires but when it came for the final take, Akshay decided at the last minute, that he wanted to do the scene without them. He felt that way, it would look more realistic."

Sabbir says that the shot was intricate and had to be completed quickly. "Akshay rehearsed a few times, then went up and did in one take. He had to do it in one take as we have Brandon immediately standing at the same place in the same frame. I was very apprehensive there were no cables to help Akshay if things went wrong. I was very stressed. Of course, it's compulsory to have a doctor, first aid and a huge medical set-up on the sets... I guess Akshay wanted to prove that he's the original action star and he did that on that day. He's fearless!"

Says Akshay, "A man that hosts a show called Fear Factor isn't exactly allowed to be scared. I jump... I tumble, I fall and Idare to do the impossible. Am I scared? YES! But I live to feel fear. I've faced death too much in my life to be worried about anything or anyone anymore; that's why I enjoy life so much. I fight fear, I don't live with it."