Katrina might just join a political party

In life, they harassed her by making her Congress president and almost the Prime Minister of India; now, even on screen, there is going to be no
Katrina Kaif
Katrina Kaif More Pics
peace for Sonia Gandhi.


The latest bit of news to cause the Congress bahu to go into a deeper frown is the one from Bollywood that compares Katrina Kaif to her in looks. The beautiful actress, flattered by the comparison — no doubt, is not anxious to take it further despite the obvious comparisons to Soniaji in Prakash Jha’s film Rajniti.

“She is definitely a powerful person but I’m not emulating her,” Katrina clarified to BT. However, for her role in the political film, the actress did do a lot of research on how politicians go about the process of campaigning, how they deliver speeches before crowds of thousands, and how they grow into powerful orators. And for which she happily faced the camera sans makeup and in simple cotton sarees!

Katrina is also pleased that she can finally prove those critics wrong who branded her as a glamourous doll. “I have got to another level with this film. People will now know that I can do other type of films as well. I have been part of successful films and now I’m glad I’m doing substantial roles,” said the proud actress, adding that she can identify with the character she’s playing. “She is a free-spirited girl and she knows what she wants. She has no ego hassles... it’s her determination that I could relate to,” said Katrina.

Strangely, for somebody who didn’t follow politics, Kats is now showing a healthy interest in the job of the politician. “Prakash Jha understands politics and he gave me an insight into the functioning of the system. Now I find it quite interesting,” said Katrina from Turkey where she is shooting for Rajkumar Santoshi’s film. So will she stand for elections if offered a ticket? “Never say never. There have been many things in my life that I thought I could never do, but they’ve happened. If a political party that I believe in approaches me, I might just join them,” said Katrina, showing that reel might become real for a change.