Actor-filmmaker Aamir Khan says he enjoys his own movies



Actor-filmmaker Aamir Khan says he enjoys his own movies because they have universal appeal, something that other films lack. "I only like my movies, which are universal like 3 Idiots, Lagaan or Tare Zameen Par. Other people do not believe in making anymore films which
related storiesare universal. According to me, the only director who caters to the non-multiplex audience is Raju Hirani, others make cinema for cities," Aamir said in an interview on Zee News Celebrity chat show Kahiye Janab to be aired Saturday.

The 45-year-old, who has produced Peepli Live, a satire on farmer's suicides and subsequent media and political response in the country, rues filmmakers ignore rural India.

"There is a clear divide between Bharat (Hindustan) and India. If I were to go to Hollywood to earn my living, I would feel much cut off from my roots, my home in Mumbai. Filmmakers these days no longer care about rural India," he added.

Aamir, who is playing one of the lead actors in Dhobi Ghaat, says getting the role in his wife Kiran Rao's directorial debut was not a cakewalk.

"Kiran is a fantastic director. People think that I am a perfectionist, but I had to go through an audition, to help her decide that I am good for the role and then she cast me. I am one of the four lead actors in the movie".From:www.hindustantimes.com