Akshay Kumar named 'sexiest man alive' by People

Akshay KumarHe may not have the sculpted beefcake like the other brawny stars of Bollywood, but Akshay Kumar has a naturally gifted physique and a face that charms you.



No wonder Akki has been named “Sexiest Man Alive” for the year 2008 in a special two-cover issue of People India. Inside the mag, the star gets candid about being sexy and hot.



When asked about his “assets”, Akshay showed his characteristic humour and said: “My cleavage” and “hairy chest”.



About what women find irresistible about him, Akshay answered: “My Punjabi eyes. Apparently, they convince women that I'm in love with them.”



Here are a few excerpts from the interview:



Q: How does a married man and father still stay desirable to other women? Do the mothers of your son's school friends ever flirt with you?



Akshay: Most women just want attention, as they want to feel good. I know how to treat women without crossing the line. As for other women, my son makes sure my eyes are only on him. He'd probably kung fu my a** if I flirted with anyone but his mother.



Q: Growing up, were you ever called 'sexy' or were you aware of your good looks?



Akshay: No. I was very ugly when I was growing up...Just for the record, I'm not what you call good-looking. Our industry just happens to have excellent directors of photography. That's all.



Q: Is there anything you would absolutely not wear?



Akshay: A thong!



Q: Are you open to going under the knife, or getting hair transplants?



Akshay: I need a personality transplant rather than a facelift. Actually, I'm not a fan of anything that is not real. If God wants me to be old and wrinkly what can I do to stop him? I'd look like a fool with botox. I would rather shave my head than stitch hair to my scalp. I mean, come on, it works for Bruce Willis.



Q: Who do you think should be PEOPLE magazine's Sexiest Man Alive next year and why?



Akshay: Are you politely trying to hint that it won't be me? The sexiest thing about any man is his sense of humour. I'm sorry but there's nothing sexy about a naked man. I'm surprised that there aren't more lesbians in this world. So after seeing Dostana I think that title should definitely go to Abhishek Bachchan because if a guy can't make you laugh after sex, what's the point?